Christopher Clarey - “The Master: The Long Run and Beautiful Game of Roger Federer" .

#TheMaster by #ChristopherClarey

The Long Run and Beautiful Game of #RogerFederer

Look, TBH is the literary one in the family. Me? I definitely need to read more and not rot my brain binge-streaming whatever the algorithm places in front of me. But this book, now hear me out, this is…

The Best (#Federer )Book, Ever!

Like the Maestro himself, it's elegant, efficient, lovely to behold, and you only get a hint of *all* the decades and thousands of miles of hard yards undergirding the whole thing. 

The gang's *all* here: #Nadal, #Djokovic, #AndyMurray, Stanimal, the French Golden Generation, Berdych, DelPo, #PeteSampras, #Agassi, #Edberg, Becker, Ivanisevic even, hints of #Bjorg and #McEnroe and Connors, even Rosewall and #RodLaver and Roche, but boy did I love that #MaratSafin-appreciation chapter, made me fall in love with that crazy guy all over again.

But, dude, as if we needed any help in reminding us how awesome #AndyRoddick was. Seriously, that might be the sneakily positive effect from the book, re-evaluating and re-loving Roddick, and how missed him and his brand of tennis is , especially in the States.

As for the man himself, it's (almost)*all* there: the origin story, the breathtaking highs, the *crushing*(and I do mean *crushing*) lows, and the stuff that may not be in between: the globetrotting exos, the behind-the-scenes maneuvering, the off-the-court business deals, the mentors, the logistics. We'll never see the likes of him again.

Wait, wha?! No, no, no, I mean, we'll see him again, right?! Right?! It's not over, yet right? Right?!😳

Now excuse me while I go put an early end to Dryuary…🥺

PS. One omission: #DavidFosterWallace. For my money, *that* one article changed (internet)writing as we know it, and it might just be the impossible bar for everyone, include Rog, to live up to, hanging like a millstone around his neck, to *always* reach for those lyrical highs…


- - -

@rogerfederer


--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voyagers .

The Dog (2014) .

WolfWalkers .