WolfWalkers .

#WolfWalkers

Wonderful, just bl**dy wonderful! The kind of intelligent, layered, nervewrack/heartwarm/thoughtprovok-ing, non-1000-gags-per-minute-headache inducing kid's film you don't see too often these days.

Let's start with that eye-watering, beautiful, lyrical, artwork (I'm not an art major, but looks like they do lotsa interesting stuff with perspectives🤔?). Every frame is one of those, uh, frame-worthy efforts, inspired by those awesome woodcut-type stuff I used to see at my Aunt's place, contrasting with the magical, mythical forests(like I said, I'm not an art major…TL;DR: it's *beautiful*!). There's a lesson in there for all of us: never let budget, or lack thereof, stand in your way!

Speaking of lessons, dude, this film has *all* the allegory(?metaphor? unlike Kornheiser, I wasn't an English major😁) you can handle, especially for a kid's film(actually, all the good ones have some layer of subtext, right?). "Into your arms my Lord, I commend my soul." - that's dark, man, super dark, if you really consider the *full* context😳!

The voice cast is superb, Bean*, a *fully* committed McBurney, poor dude's been typecast as a villain for a long time now, but he *brings* it here, and especially the two determined, energetic kids who play the leads.

TL;DR: a kid's film for the ages, for all ages!

PS. Dude, GKIDS, *bringing* it for all these years👏
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
* [Spoiler Alert!] Sean Bean makes it all the way to the end, despite things getting a bit, ahem, hairy there for a second! Whew🙏!

- - -

#TommMoore #RossStewart
Honor Kneafsey Eva Whittaker #SeanBean #SimonMcBurney #MariaDoyleKennedy
@appletv @gkidsfilms @cartoonsaloon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voyagers .

The Dog (2014) .