RIP Norm Macdonald .

RIP #NormMacdonald

Like certain other men of a certain age, I was a big fan. I accidentally discovered him, back when I had little to no clue about #SNL, or #WeekendUpdate, or even, you-know-who(apart from the Naked Gun movies…).

But I was instantly smitten by that weird, quirky rhythm, that irony-with-a-smile-that-doesn't-reach-those-cool-blue-eyes, that dark, subversive humour.

So much so that I followed him to his sitcom(s, both of them), to his legendary talk-about-not-reading-the-room-or-wait-was-it-exactly-reading-the-room!? monologue at the #ESPYs, even that strange, meta sports show he did on #ComedyCentral…

I guess at some point he became that dreaded/lauded comedian's-comedian(I need to ask my comedy-nerd friends what exactly that means), sadly, I stopped following him as closely at this stage, though I always enjoyed it when his talk show appearances made the rounds.

True story, I saw him in Vegas, and I was terrified because I *loved* that guy, but summoning what little courage I had, I approached him. He was being fawned over by a number of very boisterous, young women, and he looked straight at me with that inimitable smile-that-doesn't-reach-those-cool-blue-eyes, so I stopped, he give me a wink, and I turned right around and kept on walking…trust me, it worked out for everyone involved 😃

Norm to the end…

- - -

#RIP #Norm #comedian #standup #TV #film #funny #legend

- - -

Saturday Night Live
The Norm Show (1999)
A Minute with Stan Hooper (2003)
Sports Show With Norm Macdonald (2011)
Norm Macdonald Has a Show (2018)
Funny People (2009)
Roseanne (1992)
The Dennis Miller Show (1992)
Dirty Work (1998)
Doctor Dolittle (1998)
The Middle (2010)
The Orville (2010)
Mike Tyson Mysteries (2014)
Sunnyside (2015)
Girlboss (2017)
Screwed (2000)
Jack and Jill (2011)
Based on a True Story: Not a Memoir (2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voyagers .

The Dog (2014) .

WolfWalkers .