RIP Diana Rigg .

RIP #DianaRigg

Legendary star of stage and screen(*all* of them) with the kind of career length-and-breadth few can dream of.

The funny thing is that even before I knew of her, I knew her…in those old video tapes the British expats would bring back with them and make available in the lending library. There was this strange, exciting, super-fun spy show that I fell in love with, and had no idea that it shared the same name as the ultimate cinematic franchise, and that impossibly-cool woman doing those impossibly-cool things was the one and only *Dame* Diana Rigg.

I knew of her, of *Dame* Diana Rigg, by the time I watched her so-awesome intros to Masterpiece Mystery, that's *Dame* Diana Rigg I would tell TBH…

Of course, I knew her principally from The Avengers, and as the best Bond Woman(tied with Eva Green) from #OHMSS, and from the awesome Muppet movie, and, of course, as the *razor*-tongued #OlennaTyrell from #GoT(that's *Dame* Diana Rigg I'd tell TBH…), but, little by little, from The Hospital and Julius Caesar to many more I managed to understand where the Dame came from. Sadly, I missed all the stage work that may, according to the experts, have been her most enduring legacy.

Now that we're stuck at home, I can happily go down her filmography to make up for all the others I missed in that legendary career.

- - -

#DameDianaRigg #actor #actress #film #stage #theatre #TV #Tonys #BAFTA #Emmy #legend

- - -

The Avengers (1965)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Game of Thrones (2013)
The Hospital (1971)
The Assassination Bureau (1969)
Julius Caesar (1970)
Theatre of Blood (1973)
The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
A Little Night Music (1978)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (1968)
A Good Man in Africa (1994)
Parting Shots (1998)
Evil Under the Sun (1982)
The Painted Veil (2006)
Last Night In Soho (2021)
Mother Love (1990)
Rebecca (1997)
The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries (1998)
Masterpiece Mystery (1989)
Extras (2006)
Dr. Who (2013)
Witness for the Prosecution (1982)
All Creatures Great And Small (2020)
Medea (1994)
My Fair Lady (2018)
Pygmalion (2011)
King Lear (1959)
Follies (1987)
The Cherry Orchard (2008)
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1996)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voyagers .

The Dog (2014) .

WolfWalkers .